Benchmarking is a performance measurement tool used in conjunction with improvement initiatives; it measures the comparative operating performance of companies and identifies the “best practices.”
Benchmarking creates value by
- Focusing on key performance gaps;
- Identifying ideas from other companies;
- Creating a consensus to move an organization forward;
- Making better decisions from a larger base of facts.
To identify “Best in Class” business processes, which, when implemented, will lead member companies to exceptional performance.
- To conduct benchmarking studies of important Six Sigma processes.
- To create a cooperative environment where full understanding of the performance and enablers of “best in class” Six Sigma process can be obtained and shared at reasonable cost.
- To use the efficiency of the association to obtain process performance data and related best practices regarding Six Sigma.
- To support the use of benchmarking to facilitate process improvement and the achievement of total quality.
- The scope of 6SASBA™ membership includes Six Sigma professionals from companies in the automotive industry.
- Company membership will be considered with respect to compliance with 6SASBA™ mission, goals and operating guidelines, as well as qualification of the organization within the scope of membership.
- Participation in specific efforts will be optional and open only to members with costs shared by the participants.
- We reserve the right to review membership applications and to make the final decision whether or not to accept any application. Consulting firms are ineligible for membership
Benefits of Membership
- 6SASBA™ will identify and present to members opportunities to participate in Benchmarking studies on various topics addressing issues of importance to the Six Sigma community.
There are two types of Benchmarking studies provided:
- Consortium studies are offered to the membership as a whole with costs divided.
- Single company sponsored studies addressing the interest of one member company can be offered to other selected members for no fee.
The association will also support Six Sigma benchmarking efforts:
- Interest group roundtables will be organized throughout the year. Members will pay a nominal fee to join real and virtual roundtable discussions that address specific Six Sigma processes.
- Currently, membership in 6SASBA™ is FREE! Costs of studies are shared by the participants.